The regeneration of Wolverton Works will support hundreds of current and future rail-related jobs for the town. It will also deliver much-needed new homes and community facilities for Wolverton, as well as a new discount foodstore.
- Retained rail related employment space over approximately half of the site
- 375 new homes – a range of sizes
- Foodstore and parking
- 1,000 sq m community building – which could be a heritage centre
- Two access points for residents
- Vehicle access to rail business along McConnell Drive
- New public spaces and pedestrian routes
- Parking throughout the development
Throughout its stakeholder consultation programme, St. Modwen received various proposals for initiatives to be included in the masterplan. These included the siting of a War Memorial within the public spaces. St. Modwen is pleased to confirm that this will form a part of its heritage and landscape proposals in future detailed planning applications.
The Royal Train
St. Modwen is fully aware of the current commitments in place concerning the Royal Train and all associated parties are in discussions on the subject.
Through these regeneration plans, St. Modwen’s vision is to:
- Secure future rail-related jobs on site and retain the heritage of Wolverton Works through its ongoing rail use
- Deliver a mix of high quality homes for all ages, family sizes, needs and pockets
- Bring more shopping choice to local people through a much-loved value brand – Lidl
- Create a new public square and landscaped, planted green spaces for the whole of Wolverton to enjoy
- Give Wolverton a new community space which could house a new heritage centre and help to further promote the site’s railway heritage
- Create further employment opportunities through the provision of small business units